Well, dinner party 2.0 was a success. Almost before we had finished dinner at the first one I was already getting ideas for the second. This time we had a Black and White theme with accents of silver. I wanted to make it more fancy then the last one and have the guests dress up a little bit. I invited pretty much the same group as the dinner at dusk. We all get a long really well and have mostly known each other for over a year, some of us going on two years.
I thought this pattern was perfect. It was exactly what I had pictured.
This is the final set up. This time I ran the twinkle lights along the inside of the canopy with a black and white paper chain I made.
I learned how to embroider, and embroidered every ones name on their napkin. The silhouettes are fabric that I stitched on. I've always like the silhouettes we got in Disneyland and that I've seen on movies and in magazines.
The guys napkins were opposite colors and facing the other way.
Mom helped me make the table cloth and find the stones and candles.
These were the favors this time. I didn't want to give them candy because that only lasts until they eat it. I wanted to give them something that would remind them of the friends who would be there with them. I have always loved skeleton keys and, oddly enough, photo booth strips.
I thought it would be fun to play croquet. What else would you play at a fancy dinner party? They all dressed up and for some reason we spent a lot of time talking with a British accent.
I really like this picture.
Eric totally posed for this one.
The girls looking classy while they wait for their turn.
You can tell by Ben's tie that it's starting to get windy. Not the ideal weather conditions for an outdoor party.
James came late and hates having his picture taken. This was the only one I could really get of him. He was all decked out, complete with a white picket handkerchief.
The food was delicious thanks to Mom. We had pot roast, salad, and vegetables.
For dessert we had, what else, black and white Oreos and milk. Turns out Ben is quite the Oreo aficionado.
This is Craig Wilson and Jessica Madson.
This is James Conway, Alisha Packard, and Ben Denos.
Craig was keepin' it classy.
After dessert a few people left, but the rest stayed to just talk. Jess took the camera and made sure to get a picture of me this time.
And another. This one gave Jess the idea to take an "adorable" picture of each of us that were left.
It was a fun night and they all said they had fun. It will probably be a while before I get to do another dinner party, but I've really enjoyed them. Let me know if you have any ideas for my next one.
4 comments:
I have an idea for your next one... Invite Abby ;) I love a good party at dusk. These sure look like a lot of fun! I'm super impressed with it all, but I really like the silhouette napkins and photo booth favors... and the oreo's and milk... and the invitations... and playing croquette. Great job on dinner party 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0! You're super duper talented, creative and such a giver! I wish I could have been there to see it all happen!
Love you!
Abby.
Dear Gretchen,
Consider this "comment 1.1". First we would like to tell you how awesome you are, and that they are all very lucky to have you as a friend! The party looked FABULOUS!!! The oreo's and milk were my favorite part. I wish I had been there :)
Ideas for the next party:
1) Twilight theme. pale faces vs. the dogs.
2) Karate kid. Outdoor movie with Chinese food.
3) Dreamworks or Pixar costume party.
4) Marvel comics vs. DC comics with green jello acting as kryptonite.
5) Saved by the Bell Beach BBQ
6) Murder mystery dinner. With Isaiah or Olivia as the victim.
This probably got your mind racing with ideas...sorry about that. I know you wanted a little break, but it was fun thinking of all of these. Maybe we will throw a party...probably not.
Love,
Us
I loved reading about this dinner. Again, you inspire me.
I'm coming in December and I get hungry....just sayin'
Holy goodness on a pogo stick Gretchen! As jack's mother says in Into the Woods, "You've stolen too much..."
Wow. Good work. I have a book you need to see for future parties.
Post a Comment