Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"I'm gonna go focus on your eggs, Bob"

I always liked the part in "Runaway Bride" when she sits down to try and figure out what her favorite eggs are. I know that it's really deeper than just eggs, but I've never liked eggs and it has always seemed like they didn't like me either. I remember the first time Mom let me cook my own egg. I was going to crack it in the pan and I moved just a little and that slippery little devil missed the pan completely and went right under the burner. After that my eggs are always over or undercooked. I can't stand runny eggs, but I don't like them chewy either. It's been my dream for a long time to find my favorite kind of eggs. Poached eggs intrigued me, but like I said, I don't like runny eggs. That kept me from trying them for so long. Finally, I realized that if I cooked it longer the insides would be more cooked. Simple, right? But I'd never thought about it before. I tried it and really enjoyed it. They are lighter than the usual fried eggs I've made in the past. I've done it a few times since then. I enjoy it with toast and those breakfast patties with a bit of cooked spinach. I'm getting better at making them, and they are just getting prettier. The first one was all over the pan and gross looking, but now they are holing together and looking just right.  Here are some pictures of my latest lunch time treat. I did leave out the spinach this time (it looks better with it though).  I still don't looooove eggs, but I think I finally found my favorite.




4 comments:

Hannah said...

I too am not a big fan of eggs. Good for you for trying it out. I still don't think I'll try it that way though.

Lisa said...

I'm impressed, Gretchen! Everyone in your family seems to have an aversion to runny yolks. Only Lily enjoys them with me! ;)

Jeremymlad said...

Except Jeremy. Jeremy loves runny eggs.

Deborah said...

Way to go Gretchen!! I am very impressed! I don't like eggs of any kind or form (unless they are baked into a treat made by Lisa)!