Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Monday

I just wanted to share some of the fun that I had on Mondays last month.From left to right, or should I say "weft to wight":Elder Ward, Elder Johnson?, Elder ?, and Elder Bird. This is part of District 43-C. Elder Atkinson and Elder Anderson had left for their mission that morning. These elders were a hoot to work with and they made it almost fun to clean the bathrooms at 6:30 in the morning. They even wrote me a song.
Here is a video of Elder Bird and Elder Ward doing a kick-flip, janitor style.



And yes, I did forget to turn off the camera when I was done.

So this morning I was a little sad because this was the first Monday that the "Bathroom Elders" wouldn't be there. I had finished cleaning in the lobby and was in the closet checking the list, finding out that they had only giving us 2 elders to replace the 8 that had left, when I heard a male voice yell "Gretchen!" I was confused. I didn't think that there were any elders left in the MTC who knew me. I walked out to see an elder that I had never seen before standing in the doorway. I asked what I could do for him. He said that he had seen pictures of me and wanted to meet me. I was very confused at this point, and even a little bit worried. He stuck out his hand and introduced himself as Elder Thomas or Thompson, I sadly can't remember his name, and told me that he was a friend of Elder Bird who had asked Elder T to find me before he left and say goodbye one more time for District C. I couldn't believe it.

Here is the song. It's very cheesy, but we do work with pretty strong chemicals.
To the tune of "Ye Elders of Israel"

1. Ye elders of District C, come join now with me!
In cleaning the bathrooms at the MTC!
We'll put on our goggles

And grab rubber gloves.
We'll snag all the sponges and
Scrub, scrub, scrub, scrub!

2. Oh Sister Young, oh Sister Young,
We bid thee farewell.
We're going on our missions
In God we will dwell!
We'll scrub so hard
'Til all look divine,
Then they will be ready
For all to refine.

3. Now verse 1 again!
4. Musical Interlude!
5. Verse 2 again!

1 comment: