Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Need Your Help!



First of all, this picture has nothing to do with the post, but I think it's cute, and I know it is easier to read a post with a fun picture.
Second, Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. I hope you have a good evening and enjoy dinner. What is is? 29 years? That's longer than I've been alive.
Third, the title says it all. But I guess I should tell you what I need your help doing. I am writing a personal narrative for my honors English class. I have had a few ideas, but the one that I like the best and that I think I can convey the learning and emotional growth from the best is about cleaning out Grandma's house. It will be done with a lot of flash backs and back story. What I need form you all is anything you remember from that day that triggered strong emotion or good memories. I have a lot already, but it would really help to hear your ideas also. I have until Tuesday to write a six to eight page draft, so the sooner the better. Thank you guys. Oh, and I'm writing this from the bathroom before I go an get something to eat. Ahhh, my life as a hermit college student.

4 comments:

Justin said...

This actually has to do with the last post, but I thought you'd see it here sooner. So, about places to sit...I remember you mentioning this to me last Sunday and I don't remember much, so I apologize for being distracted. That wasn't very nice of me. Anyway, I have a few more suggestions.

At the bottom of the stairs in the library atrium there are some nice comfy leather chairs. I like the ones that have the swivel desks attached to them. Don't know if that made sense but you'll know 'em when you see 'em. If they're not occupied, they're nice.

Also, up on some of the upper floors of the JSB there are blue benches that are nice for the occasional nap. Again, if they're open.

While the weather's still nice you might like the outside sitting area and benches at the JFSB, up on the fourth floor, I think, east side of the building (the library side). Just get on the elevator and go to the top, which ever floor that is. I found those a little too late into the semester - not so great when it's windy or about to snow...

Another great place (as I'm sure you've seen) is just a low-to-no-traffic hallway. I remember once when the bench I wanted was taken in the JSB I just went down the hall and sat against the wall-the glass ones that look in on the Joseph Smith/Sacred Grove area. I also remember a time that I randomly ran into Jeremy (more like stepped on him) up on like the 9th floor of the SWKT just laying on his stomach in the hallway reading a book.

So there are a few more suggestions for you...wait, I thought of one more. Sometimes the classrooms in the basement of the MARB are empty; the chairs aren't as comfy but it's still quiet. Anyway, if I think of anymore I'll be sure to let you know. And don't forget about the music room!!

Jeremymlad said...

Oh YEAH! The SWKT! That's a great place to be, when everyone else is in class - find an unpopular floor and you're good.

Jack Young said...

I remember lots of people being there and stuff moving out at an unbelievable rate. I remember Tanya and the girls trying to keep some semblance of order to things. I remember how appreciative I felt when we were offered the Kitchen table. That was something that Grandma liked very much. I'm glad we are able to make use of it at so many family gatherings. I remember some of the picture we were able to take because they remind me so much of grandma, like the babies picture in the library, and the marriage license one that is still out in the garage. Does any of this help, or match up with what you remember?

Deborah said...

Aw sad, I wasn't able to be there when you cleaned grandma's house. reading what your dad wrote does bring back memories and make me think of the blankets some one saved for me from her house. It's not much but I am SO grateful to have them. I hope you got what you needed and I am sure your paper will be AMAZING!