I have been a film major for about two months now. It has been a crazy roller coaster of new information and new techniques. There is so much to think about that I've never thought of before. I've met some interesting people so far. A lot of them are in several of my classes. In fact, there are at least six people that are in all three of my film classes. We've been working on a lot of projects pretty much nonstop so far. And between test footage, filming for my documentaries, and working on a few senior projects my Saturdays have completely disappeared.
Here are a few samples of what I've been up to so far. This first video was something my group made the first week of the semester. We had a camera and thirty minutes to make a silent horror film. We ran into some lighting and continuity problems, but "fix it in post" right? One thing I have definitely learned this semester is I am not an actor.
This is my silent documentary. For this assignment we were supposed to go out and film a process. Then we put all out tapes into a bag and the next week we reached into the same bag and randomly pulled out someone else's footage. We then had to find a way to edit their footage so that you could still see the process. I filmed a friend of mine restringing a tennis racket. This is the footage I randomly chose from the bag.
This last one is the group project/final for one of my labs. It is a swede. A term which comes from the movie "Be Kind Rewind." Basically, in that movie one of the characters becomes magnetized after a little mishap at the power plant. He then goes into a video store and erases all the videos. To save the business they start remaking all the videos, which becomes a "swede." My group decided that there were too many movies to choose from so what better movie to swede then "Be Kind Rewind." We all had parts to play and I edited it. So, I hope you enjoy.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I absolutely LOVED watching your movies!! I love seeing what you have been up to. Cam and I laughed all the way through the last one. Great Job. I hope you are enjoying school. I miss you!!!!!!!!!
We laughed, we cried, we might have nightmares from that first one...
I loved the idea of remaking the movie about remaking movies. Too funny.
Love you Gu'hun! You're awesome!
Post a Comment