This is a video I took from filming a few weeks ago. It's not great quality, but I think it was about 2am and 35 degrees at the time. We started filming that morning at 8am back in the hospital. We were kicked out of there at 2pm and and by 4pm we were on our way to the other side of Utah Lake, otherwise known as Gaza for our purposes. Some of the actors commented on feeling uncomfortable in the dirty cement room with all the graffiti we'd done. We finished at around 4am and I was crawling into my bed at 5am. It was an 18 hour day on set for me. Rafe had to be there early for to get the make-up so he had an even longer day. It's kind of hard to understand what's going on in the video so I've included the dialog.
People are just milling around.
Director: "All right, let's do it!" Then he calls to the Director of Photography. After a bit you hear the director call ACTION.Soldiers start yelling, "Get down, get down!" While Soldier #1 forces the older man down to the ground.
Soldier #1: "Tell us. Where'd you get the materials? Tell us!"
He pulls out a knife and hands it to Soldier #2
Soldier #1: "Give his head a skylight if he doesn't talk."
Finally Micah steps forward.
Micah: "Stop!"
Soldier #1: "What? They're not talking."
Micah: "They did not take our eye or our tooth. You will not take theirs. These men are just recruits."
Soldier #1: "They kill Jews!" He shoves Micah away and takes the knife.
Micah pulls his pistol and points it at Soldier #1.
Micah: "Before their God and our God I will shoot you in the face if you do not step back from this boy."
Director calls CUT.
Micah (Rafe) all bandaged up at the Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv (a room in the nursing school at BYU) after his emergency heart transplant.
Yup, that's me in the background. This is Hagar (Noelle) as she says farewell to the Jewish soldier who has her brothers heart.
If this doesn't make you want to see the movie, I don't know what will.


2 comments:
I WANT TO SEE IT! Where is it playing? ;)
Are tickets available yet?
Thanks for posting.
I get so excited when I see a new post.
Post a Comment